The Betty Roe Society was formed in 2010. The aims of the Society are to;
- promote the performance of Betty Roe’s compositions, especially by members of the Betty Roe Society and to create a greater interest and appreciation of them by means of circulating information and providing a focal point where those interested can share such interests.
- inform members of performances and arrange for representatives of the Society to attend performances where possible
- issue regular news and information on current and forthcoming productions and recordings
- assist Betty Roe with the publication of the many works still in manuscript
- ensure all Betty Roe’s works continue to be available to widest possible public
- from time to time organise performances celebrating the remarkable diversity and quality of her compositions
- maintain a Society Web Site containing additional information on Betty Roe’s works including premieres/notable performances/commissions etc.
- to assist Betty Roe in creating and preserving a record of her works work, wherever possible in written, visual or audio form, so as to establish an archive for the use of members, students and all others interested in the works of Betty Roe.
I hope you will agree that these are important tasks and will join us in achieving these aims as a member of the Society.